Do you live in the Happiest State?

Topping the well-being list among all 50 states, Hawaii pulled ahead of the 2008 leader Utah. But Utah and its neighbors still have plenty to smile about. Nine of the top 10 well-being states reside in the Midwest and the West. The south didn't fare so well, taking seven of the 11 lowest well-being spots on the list.

The results come from interviews with more than 350,000 American adults who took part in the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index in 2009. This is the second year of the survey.

Scroll down and you will find a link on that page that will take you to all of the scores...
I will post a linkable link in the next thread and my state...

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 11:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

•   HAPPIEST STATE LINK

My state MI...came in 33rd spot @ Michigan: 64.9 (64)

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• You know- since I have been in Utah (the last 2 1/2 years) I have heard it's up there for most depressed people, high on the list for perscription drug abuse...AND high on the happiest list too!

For me- I have never been so unhealthy and friendless anywhere else I have lived so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Haha hey I'd be happy too if I lived in Hawaii! All that sunshine and warm weather, beauty all around. Ahhhh. Well I live in Indiana and its no surprise we are #45. All we've got are cornfields and cold here so no wonder why we are all a bunch of crabs.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• the happiest state is a "state of mind" and no, I live in neither
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I'm in louisiana, they should do that same poll now that the saints won the superbowl
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My state is #30.
    sophiasmommy212

Answer by sophiasmommy212 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Mhaney03_I'm in LA too, and I agree.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 1:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I agree with Mhaney!! We in LA are happiest in the world right now!
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 2:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My state is #40, but I'm happy here, so I guess that's more important, to me anyway.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• We're number 45! We're number 45! Not that I'm surprised - I'm going to guess a side by side chart of extended unemployment rates and those states would be pretty evenly matched.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2010