Electricians? Appliance experts?? Anyone????

My fiance and I have been to hell and back in the last 2 weeks to buy and hook up a washer and dryer in our trailer. First the hookups were wrong and it just kept going downhill from there. Well the dryer vent hose was the wrong size (too small) but they could not fit a bigger hose through the wall, so they purchased an indoor dryer vent that could be in the bathroom with the dryer.

(Indoor dryer vents are like a small bucket of water that traps lint)

My question is: is this safe?? It's an electric dryer so there's no carbon monoxide risk, but it's something I've never heard of before...would you use it if there was no alternative? Do you use one now?

AidensMommy608

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes I would use it if I had to. I have heard of it before. It's safe for electric dryers. I've never had to use one but I have seen them in the hardware store before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Thanks...I kinda figured that if they make them and sell them, they can't be too dangerous...I just wanted to see what others think because man it's a pain to have to go to the laundry mat!
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• yeah you just have to watch the water level.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Its fine, just make sure you clean it out when its starting to get full. No harm.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2010