Honest, but not mean answer LOL. Should I hold on?

I was seeing a guy for about 10 months and he decided he didn't want a relationship. I was devastated of course, I mean I really and truly am in love with this man. I've backed off, haven't spoken too or tried to call him or anything like that, it will be a month Sunday. We broke up before for 6 weeks and got back together, but this time feels different. I started talking to this guy and he really seemed to like me but it scared me to death, so I didn't pursue anything with him. How much time should I give it, if any? This is seriously killing me, but I want to be able to move forward at some point too. Am I wasting my time or is it ok to hope things work out for us? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• i say go for it! it wont happen unless you let it. make sure you're ready though, only YOU will know that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I think you should plan on moving on. He hasnt given you any reason to hang on and wait for him and he doesnt sound like he will. i think you should move on.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• don't waste your time. If this guy was really into you he wouldn't be wanting to leave. You are giving him an open window to come back whenever he wants and he might come back when he feels lonely nights. Don't let him use you that way. Are you happy with yourself and have high self-esteem? Live life to the fullest, have fun with friends, enjoy the time you have to do whatever you want and not have to wait for someone who doesn't want you. If you find someone else go for it with respect and plan to be friends first.
    texasmamaof3

Answer by texasmamaof3 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Here is my honest answer--- forget guy #1- you have 'been there done that' and there is a reason that you have broke up twice. I would put him behind me and move on. As for guy #2-- if you felt a connection to him and he liked you, why not contact him and see where it goes? You don't have to rush into anything, take it slowly, start out as friends and give it a chance. Good luck!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Maybe it's time for you to cut the strings on men for a while and work on building your confidence in yourself up. Any time a woman says "it's killing me" in regard to a man, then I worry. That's too much emotional involvement for a man who doesn't feel the same way she does about the relationship. Take some time for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2010