Does anyone have any good meatless recipes? No pasta?

I'm looking for some good meatless recipes please! DH does not like any pasta. No quiche Etc..Thank you for your time and for sharing!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• no meat or pasta?? good luck with that!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Use black beans in place of the meat - any mexican food (tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc). Just smash the beans up a bit. I do it all the time to stretch my meat & incorporate some extra fiber.

Soups & stews. I made vegetable beef soup that you can easily leave the meat out of (replace with black beans if you want), you can add barley to make it a bit more filling (barley isn't pasta) or brown rice. Chili without meat - lots of tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc, a variety of beans. I've made chicken soup without the chicken before & my whole family, including my carnivore husband, loved it - I just added things like chunked sweet potatoes and yes, black beans.

There's a couple ladies on here, they *should* answer this if I know them, eco-dani (I think that's how it is) and rkoloms that have a lot of ideas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Care for tofu? soy protein, buy extra firm tofu, cut a slab about half inch thick, wrap it in paper towels for at least two hours for the water to drain. set aside. this is tofu with ginger sauce. to make the sauce get 1/3 cup of white vinegar and three or four large tablespoons of sugar to it and a splash of soy sauce, let it boil until it is reduced a bit, when all the sugar is dissolved add 3 tablespoons of cornstarch to 1/3 cup of water, and while the mixture is boiling add the cornstarch and stir until it thickens, get away from the heat and add ground ginger, about 2 tbs.
    Season the tofu with an all spice mixture or whatever spices you like and fry in a bit of olive oil and both sides until slightly brown. add the sauce over the tofu, and sprinkle it with chopped scallions, I serve it with mashed potatoes, enjoY!!!
    If you want more recepies vegetarian times magazine has tons of them, so does the foodnetwork.com,

Answer by older at 12:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I make meatless stuffed peppers, veggie chili and veggie fajitas, let me know if you are interested, don't want to type out the recipes if you don't even like those ideas, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Linda, what kind of food does your husband like? I am a vegetarian and know a few of my family's favorite veggie casserole recipes...one is a casserole with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, swiss cheese, etc and another is a delicious Mexican inspired bake. Does either of those sound like something he'd like? If so, I will send you the recipe!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Along with the suggestions of anon:56 try Indian food recipes.If you like Indian food they have an amazing amount of recipes that do not include meat of any kind or pasta.I love to go to Indian buffets in the winter because they have a ton of hearty, tasty and diverse veggie or legume recipes.Even my major meat eating hubs and teenage sons are happily stuffed without meat from Indian food.LOL can you tell I need a fix for some

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

•  Green Without Much Means Is a new blog I started at the request of my friends and fam who were curious how I feed a family of 5 on $300 a month, and use NO prepared foods.  We're vegetarians, so... have a look see. I have just begun adding recipes, but there will be many, many more to come!

Hope that helps!

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• you can replace meat with beans, tofu or soy subs in almost any recipe. I use the Neely's spicy corn chowder recipe. I also have a great one for loaded potato soup and tonight I am having beef enchilidas for us meat eaters and replacing the meat with spicy blackbeans for the vegetarian daughter.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/category/vegetarian/

There are some pasta recipes in the vegetarian category, but most have rice, quinoa, or other grains.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• No hurry curry
    sweet and sour cabbage rolls
    taco salad
    minestrone soup, salad
    General Tsao’s tofu
    stuffed peppers
    chili and cornbread
    sweet potato and black bean burritos
    Halloween black and orange quesadillas
    black bean soup, quesadillas, avocado salad
    not crab cakes, tofu fish sticks, baked sweet potato “fries”
    dairy-free nachos
    tamale bean pie
    Mexican bean and pasta bake
    white chili
    Stovetop lentil sloppy joes
    Tofu and spinach curry
    Lentil soup
    stew with dumplings
    lentil tacos
    Pot pie
    zucchini enchiladas
    Mediterranean Vegetable stew with poached eggs
    Stirfry
    homemade pizza
    blueberry oatmeal pancakes
    slowcooker lentil sloppy joes
    Southwest Falafel

Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 4:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2010