can miltary husband wear there wedding band?

Britt12-06

Asked by Britt12-06 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• They can wear them as long as there not working with anything that could catch the ring and rip off there hand.My husband is in the air force
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• yes and no. My hubby is navy and he can usually wear it but if on flightdeck or working on a jet he has to take it off and put it in his locker so it does not by any chance end up in the intake. Off duty he can ALWAYS wear it.
    gonefishin

Answer by gonefishin at 4:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• As previous posters stated it really depends on what their job is. In 1999 my ex worked on tanks and his sergeant got his hand stuck where his wedding ring was and he lost his ring finger. Seems to me that it isn't worth the risk.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• There is no regulation that I'm aware of in the Army that states that you can't wear a wedding band. I know that females can't wear more than 2 rings (Your wedding band and engagement ring count as one) but for a male I think you can only wear your wedding band or a religious ring. I can find out more for you. As stated above some of the jobs in the Army may require you to not wear your rings. But there is nothing stating that you can't wear them on your dog/id tags! Hope this helps! And I'll find out for sure about it from my fiance. He's still in the Army and knows regulations very well! :)
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• They can wear their ring, they can also wear another ring...religious or what not. My husband wears his Master Freemason ring. NOW...if you are on a ship you are encouraged not to...or in some situations told not to. It could MELT onto your hand. Flightdeck, helicopter, search and rescue...ect. My husband and I are both in the Coast Guard.
    CGMom1107

Answer by CGMom1107 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• Yes, my 1st husband was military and always wore his ring.
    Julieann78

Answer by Julieann78 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• Yes, they can wear it.. Depending on their job they may have to take it off. My husband is a Nuke and he ended up squashing his 1st wedding ring. I don't remember how. But he bought a heavier ring. If he is doing a job and feels that it isn't safe to wear it he will take it off.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• depends on their MOS..mine wears it when he his able (when not working on aircraft). But I would rather have him be safe then get injured. Plus we both know we are married, we dont have to prove it to anyone whether they think we're married or not
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 8:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• Yes...both men and women can wear a wedding ring in uniform (plus women get an extra per hand).

As pointed out, there are some jobs where wearing a ring is a safety hazard--ever hear of degloving? Its not pretty. Additionally, a ring--or a watch--or any other piece of jewelery--can cause a person to lose a finger, a hand or an arm, depending on what task they are doing.

Some people prefer to just not wear it at work--I am one of those...since I work in the medical field, rings rip gloves, and I got in the habit of not wearing my rings, rather than losing them or have them stolen because I constantly had to take them off. My husband doesn't wear his either, as his job has lots of hazards where he would need to remove them--instead, he wears his on a chain around his neck.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• It really depends on the type of work they are doing. My husband works on the planes so no he can't wear his at work because it might get caught on something. He told me about a man who was wearing his wedding ring and was on top of the plane fixing a side panel. He slid off and his ring got caught on something sticking out and ripped his finger right off. My husband doesn't wear his ring to work, but as soon as he gets home he puts it on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2008