Breast Cancer Question

We recently found out that my aunt has breast cancer. She had a full mastectomy done a week later and we just received results. They found some in her lymph nodes also and they believe she'll need a year of chemo. I don't know much about breast cancer and I have a hard time asking my mom questions (my aunt and her are super close and she's torn up about it), but what stage do you think she's in? Is this good or bad compared to needing radiation? I guess I'm totally confused about it all... please help!

things_not_sane

Asked by things_not_sane at 12:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Health

• You would need more info to know the stage like the size of the tumor to know the stage.

I have to have IV therapy every 3 weeks for a genetic immune deficiency disease. My infusion takes about 8-10 hours at what's called an infusion suite, not in a hospital. Cancer patients also come to the infusion suite so I see what happens.

It's better to not go to a hospital because of the risk of getting a hospital type infection. She would probably get her first infusion at an infusion suite or the hospital and it only takes about 2 hours. It will make her sick and she will probably throw up.

Then nurses will come to her home and teach her how to use a little IV pump she can wear in a fanny pack to do infusions at home. A courier will deliver meds to her home and she will do her own infusions. She can call nurses 24/7 for help.

I hope this helps.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2010