does implantaion bleeding happen about a week before period starts?

i didn't have this with my first. i am not asking if i am preg, i am just asking if it happens that way. and what should i be looking for. i am passing brown discharge and having some lower ab cramps. i also feel tired. the only symptoms i had with my first was neausa. please any help is appreciated. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had implantation bleeding with my first and it happened on the day my period was supposed to start. I thought that was what it was with the cramping and bleeding. But it only lasted a day and I called my doctor who said to take a pregnancy test and call her back.

What you're experiencing could be implantation bleeding. Everyone is different.
    Anonymous

• Only 5% actually have implantations bleeding. It happens 24 hrs after implantation. So whenever you ovulated and it implanted. Which know one would really know.

Anonymous