RSV

My DD has RSV :(
My question is has you LO had it? Did they have a fever? if so how long did it last?

LizaJayne

Asked by LizaJayne at 12:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes at 9 mts. she had a fever for about 3 days
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• There's a cafe mom group specifically for R S Virus and health afterward - just look under Find Groups.

My daughte had it had 3 months old. She's now a teen. She's had asthma her whole life but some kids don't get like that. Each child is different. My dd did have fever, she was hospitalized.

Look in Find Groups, it will be a comfort.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• It's common for kids to get RSV. It's dangerous for young babies to get it, very dangerous if the baby is not breastfed or if it was premature. Usually toddlers and kids do fine and if you didn't know it was RSV you would think it was just another URI.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My 4.5 YEAR old just had RSV. She had no fever. Our doc said it was safe to assume our son (almost 3) had it too - he also had no fever. It progressed into pneumonia for both of them. This is the first time any of my kids had RSV. It's been almost 2 weeks since the pneumonia dx, so about 2.5 weeks since the RSV dx - and they are both fine now.
    Anonymous

• My son had it at 9 months. I would never have known he'd had it except we went for a well-care checkup a couple of weeks later. Pediatrician asked if he'd had a bad cold recently. I said he had but it didn't seem to bother him too much. I never saw a need to check for a fever (i.e. he didn't seem to have one) I happen to ask afterwards about the RSV vaccine. She told me that the cold he'd had was most likely RSV (she could still hear it in his lungs). My nephew had it at 3 months and ended up in the hospital. Recovered just fine.
    Anonymous