Memory Foam Mattress

Thinking about buying one... Are they really that comfy?

DeathBat

Asked by DeathBat at 12:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Go and lay on some. I'm not even kidding when we say that we thought about buying one for several months before we finally went ahead and bought one. We've had one for two years now. Whenever we go somewhere for a visit or anything, we spend almost the whole time counting the days until we can come home and sleep in our Tempurpedic again! For us....it is so worth it!

Jenna
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 12:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I bought a memory foam mattress COVER for my pillowtop mattress and it's awesome! I think it was only around $50 or $60 so MUCH cheaper than buying the mattress and it's very comfy.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Got a cover for ours for about 50 and LOVE IT!!!! Bought them for the kids several months later. Gave new life to our mattress that we thought we needed to replace. Have been using it for over a year that way.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• HATED it. Hot, hurt my back, worst purchase ever. Even with a cover, the material discolored. It seemed so so so unhygienic.

I also slept on one while I was staying with someone for an extended period. They kept saying, "Oh don't you love the bed?" and it was miserable. So I'm 2 for 2 with hating it.

And they are horrible for your sex life.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Thanks for your replies!! We can't go with just a "top" because our mattress is seriously worn out.. and our box spring is in horriblee shape. Every piece of wood is broken. I found a Sealy Posturpedic Pillowtop Mattress for $100. (:
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 10:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• oh and KING size. does anyone have experience with those?
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 10:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2010