is a little blood in your urine normal during pregnancy?

Asked by samanthanj at 10:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I can't say whether or not it's normal, I can say that through two pregnancies I have never EVER had it happen and can't recall speaking to anyone who has had it happen. I would call your doctor and see what they say!

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• No it is not normal. Please call your OBGYN and see if they want to bring you in for a urine test. Sounds like a UTI.

Answer by vbruno at 11:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• It could be nothing or it could be a sign of a problem. The only way to tell is to call your dr. and get checked. I have heard of people who had bleeding all through their pregnancy and were fine but others have had slight spotting and it was a sign of a problem. Get it checked out.

Answer by rasbneon at 1:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I had a trace of blood in my urine a couple of times during my second pregnancy. It my case it meant absolutely nothing. I asked several doctors and nurses, and they all told me it was normal, and I had nothing to worry about.

Answer by KristinRox at 4:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2008