how do i move on?

I've decided to leave my fiance for many reasons but we are struggling financially as is so I don't know how I'm going to put money aside for a deposit or first and last. Even if I knew I could save money how would I go about hiding it from my fiance? I want out asap but just can't figure out how. I know once I'm out I can apply for food and cash assistance and be ok til I can finish school and get a better paying job but that's after I finish school. What can I do now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• google United Way and Displaced Homemakers Group -sometimes they meet at community two year colleges.
    Anonymous

• Save cash and put it somewhere he'd never look (the bottom of the diaper bag worked for me). If he is abusive leave whether you have money or not - either go to Women's Protective Services or to a relative that can help you.
    Anonymous

• Open up a bank acct and deposit small amounts in it...if ONLY your name is on it he cant get to it, if you cant do that, do you have a family member you trust or some kinda lock box...you could stash small amounts all over the house...I know my local DSS can give out hotel vouchers in extreme situations. You may have to have children in the home for that though....Start researching call your local social services and ASK what types of help they can give you to get out now....GL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Is there family you could stay with temporarily. It would make saving money easier and you could get out of your relationship quicker.
    I hope everything works out for you.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 1:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Move back in with your parents. They won't be shocked.
    Anonymous

• My parents are not an option nor is any family or friends unless I quit my job and move which I'm not doing!
    Anonymous

• Consider a roommate, moving into someone's home renting space. It will save you a considerable amt while you are continuing your education. Best wishes.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 2:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i hide my money in the china cabinet.... never in your closet!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Is there anyone you work with that would be willing to get an apt. w/ you? Check with public assistance see if you can get housing.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2010