Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i move on?

I've decided to leave my fiance for many reasons but we are struggling financially as is so I don't know how I'm going to put money aside for a deposit or first and last. Even if I knew I could save money how would I go about hiding it from my fiance? I want out asap but just can't figure out how. I know once I'm out I can apply for food and cash assistance and be ok til I can finish school and get a better paying job but that's after I finish school. What can I do now?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (9)
  • google United Way and Displaced Homemakers Group -sometimes they meet at community two year colleges.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • Save cash and put it somewhere he'd never look (the bottom of the diaper bag worked for me). If he is abusive leave whether you have money or not - either go to Women's Protective Services or to a relative that can help you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • Open up a bank acct and deposit small amounts in it...if ONLY your name is on it he cant get to it, if you cant do that, do you have a family member you trust or some kinda lock could stash small amounts all over the house...I know my local DSS can give out hotel vouchers in extreme situations. You may have to have children in the home for that though....Start researching call your local social services and ASK what types of help they can give you to get out now....GL

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • Is there family you could stay with temporarily. It would make saving money easier and you could get out of your relationship quicker.
    I hope everything works out for you.

    Answer by SabrinaLC at 1:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • Move back in with your parents. They won't be shocked.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • My parents are not an option nor is any family or friends unless I quit my job and move which I'm not doing!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • Consider a roommate, moving into someone's home renting space. It will save you a considerable amt while you are continuing your education. Best wishes.

    Answer by SFerber at 2:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • i hide my money in the china cabinet.... never in your closet!

    Answer by AmaliaD at 2:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

  • Is there anyone you work with that would be willing to get an apt. w/ you? Check with public assistance see if you can get housing.

    Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.