Labor question Yall

so i am 38 weeks today and for the past 2 days (mostly at night) i have been having contractions and cramps....so i wake up this morning and my back and hips are REALLY hurting me...
when i walk i get a WHOLE lot of pressure in my hips and bottom...and everything hurts worse!

could this be me going into labor?
Does this mean labor is not far away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You're definitely getting closer.

Is this your first? It's easier to know when it's time after having had another child. For me the hip pain, and contractions were so unbearable. I was miserable, no position, nothing, could stop the pain. I was admitted and had him 4 hours later.

Do you know if you're dilated at all?

Good luck
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• this is my third baby...but i had to be induced with the other 2 cause of preeclampsia...so i have never got to go into labor all by myself...last time i went to the dr. i was dialated at all....but now i really think i am
    Anonymous

• Go get checked, when is your next apointment?! Sounds like my pain lol...call the doc if nothing else and tell them what your experiencing he might want to see you!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• my next appointment is tomorrow!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I'd say call the dr- but probably wait until tomorrow. You may be on the brink of going into labor, but if it is true labor (where htey don't send you home from the hospital after checking you out) the contractions should continue throughout the day and begin to intensify. dr. will probably recommend that you begin timing the lenght of each contraction and the amount of time between the onset of each one. This will drive you crazy if you are not in true labor. I did this with my first and had contractions 7 minutes apart for 3 days before I went into labor (i stopped timing after a few hours- it was MADDENING!!) Good luck- congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 2:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i would just wait it out. it can be frustrating that it's impossible to know if this is labor getting into gear, or if you still have weeks left, but just relaxing as much as possible might make things less frustrating .... good luck! i hope your labor starts sooner than later and gl at your appointment tomorrow
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I hate to tell you this but I have been feeling this way for three weeks now! One night I was sooooo sure I would go into labor....but no! I was due Feb. 6th and am still waiting! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• this is normal what your feeling, you dont need to go to the doc for it, just keep your apt. i am 37 weeks and i feel the same exact way. especially in the morning when i get up.
    Anonymous