FAMILY PROBLEMS HELP

IS IT BAD TO JUST INVITE MY HUSBAND FAMILY TO MY DAUGHTERS 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY ? HE HAS ALOT OF FAMILY...MY FAMILY SMALL BUT LATELY MY FAMILY HAS FORGOT TO INVITE ME TO ANY OF THEIR PARTYS? PLUS MY FAMILY NEVER WENT TO GO SEE ME AT THE HOSPITAL WHEN I HAD MY FIRST BABY AND THEY LIVE ABOUT 7 BLOCKS AWAY FROM THE HOSPITAL?

delialayla

Asked by delialayla at 1:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Do what you want. You can let your family know about and just let yourself know that thier not coming...and if they do they do.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• It would be immature to not invite your family out of spite because you feel slighted that they don't invite you or that they didn't come see you in the hospital.

Be better than them. Invite them. If they come be extra nice to them. Maybe if they see you can be very nice you will start getting more invites and visits.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• sounds like your closer to his family,its your party and you are paying for it so invite who you want,theres no golden rule tha says you have to invite everyone to be a better person,if you want some guilt off send them an email a few days before ,but dont use your invitations for people that dont care for your child,just email them.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I dont invite my family to everything AT ALL...my SOs family is always invited...I invite people to be around me who make me smile and whose company i enjoy...WHY invite people who make you tense or miserable! its your house your party. invite who you want!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I think you should atleast extend the invitation. That way it can never be said you being vindictive or otherwise. It's always better to be the bigger person, just not always easy to do
    Anonymous