Help! my 4 month old keeps waking up for his pacifier!

I remember my oldest son doing this too. but, when he was able to rollover and get the pacifier it wasn't a problem anymore...my 4 month old can't rollover yet, so is there any easy solution to this besides me rolling over to stick the pacifier in his mouth 1,000 times a night?

survivor79

Asked by survivor79 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The easy solution was to breastfeed. You could slowly wean him from the pacifier.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I remember those days! Sorry, I don't have a solution, but I feel your tiredness for you! This too will pass!
    Anonymous

• that is why you shouldn't put them to bed with a pacifier. find another way to get him to sleep.
    Anonymous

• Nice Gailll. Real nice.

At four months my daughter could at least get the paci in her mouth on her own of she could get her hand on it.
    Maybe one of the little clips?
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 3:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• *sigh* Breastfeeding is not the answer to everything, not to mention it's a pointless thing to bring up now, just like the criticism about not putting babies to bed with a pacifier. Ridiculous. Pacifiers are just fine. They provide comfort.

To the OP - I had that problem too. Sadly I have no advice except to put it back in his mouth. He'll be able to roll over soon and it won't be a problem anymore. Hang in there.
    Anonymous