What do you do when your husband is always mad at you?

this is a daily thing now. he has no patience, little respect for me, and gets upset for sometimes the smallest things. Then he rarely appologizes after he blows up at me. I am just so frustrated!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like he may have something going on at work , maybe try talking to him take him out to dinner and ask how he is doing. Give him a chance to vent a little to you. I dont think men always mean to take it out on the wives, i know there are days i blow up at my DH big time but it isnt anything he did i just had a crappy day and he walks in the door and BAM I let loose lol, he is pretty understanding and will let me rant for a while and then calmly talk with me about what is bothering me.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• OH I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL IM GOING THREW THE SAMETHING RIGHT NOW....HE CAN BLOW UP IF I ASK HIM WHAT SHOES TO WEAR I MEAN ANYTHING SETS HIM OFF .....I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO EITHER
    delialayla

Answer by delialayla at 1:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My husband is the same way. I just tell him to bite me and walk away. Sometimes it turns into a big fight. And the only time that he said he was sorry, was when he turned on his mom and dad too. He couldn't very well say sorry to them and not to me. Any other time, he may say that he was out of line...but never sorry.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I don't know that he's angry with you as much as he's probably upset with the economy and the weather and concerns for the future. Then when you distract him from his processing he snaps at you. My SO tells me not to take things personally. Many of these guys deal with stuff we don't even know about so cut him some slack and see if that helps. You can't change him but you can change how you react to his behavior. Tell yourself he's dealing with stuff that he's trying to take care of. Just hug his neck and tell him how much you appreciate him. If that doesn't work then spit in his food. LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 1:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• There could be something going on in his life, job stress, an affair, financial issues, however that shouldnt give him the right to treat you like that. Have you point blanked asked him why he seems so upset with you? My husband and I communicate he would say I am mad because you didnt do this or said this. Maybe you can suggest marriage therapy or talk to a pastor to work on communication skills or he can talk to someone if he is indeed going through something he isnt telling you.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I feel your pain. I think that half the time, they don't realize what they put us through when they act like that. I have recently withdrawn from my husband, and he has noticed. He asked me to play a video game with him because he enjoys playing with me, I told him I stopped enjoying playing games with him because he is always mean to me when we play. Yesterday, he passed an exit while driving, and asked me why I didn't say anything. I told him that everytime I say something while he's driving, he gets mad at me, so I stopped. A lot of little things like that are being brought to his attention, and I can tell that he feels bad about it. He's been a lot more affectionate these past couple days than he has been in a while. You'll find a way to bring it to his attention. Also, get him out of the habit of being disrespectful to you by callling him out on it EVERY time. When my dh even swears now, (cont'd)
    Anonymous

• I tell him not to speak to me in that manner. I've noticed a change since I've started standing up for myself. People will only treat you how you allow them to. Good luck and I hope that you both can work through this.
    Anonymous

• I think it was Dr. Phil who said that you teach people how to treat you.  My dh knows that if he blows up at me for no reason then there is going to be a backlash.  There is no way that I would allow anybody to treat me like that and he knows it!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2010