What did you do with your baby clothes after your kids grew out of them?

I have a ton of baby clothes (my 9 month old is wearing 18 M!) and am not sure what to do with them..sell them? Donate them? what did you do?

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 1:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have been donating clothes for years... I feel it's better than trying to sell them, there are so many children that need clothes.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Kept quite a few things that i couldnt part with either because i Knew i was going to have more children, or because there was some sentimental value there, I packed them in space saver bags and then put them on the top shelf in the closet. I aslo gave some away and sold some on craigslist...i made enough money to pay my electric bill twice off of my sons clothes!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I donated them to a place here that gives free clothing to homeless and poverty stricken.
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I've sold some at yard sales and given more away to those who needed them.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Well we always have babies being born in my family, we don't seem to take a break so there is always a new baby or little one who needs clothes. If I don't give them to a family member, I will usually donate them. There are big drop boxes around town where I can just throw them in.
    Anonymous

• I kept the outfits I liked most because I want more kids in the future. I then gave the rest away to charities who collect gently used baby clothes.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i packed them away in age groups and gender groups then pulled a bag out when i had a baby shower to go to
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• There are people on Craigslist that ask for clothes for others in need. When I see what people want I bag up some things for them. I've also given away baby stuff like boppies, carriers, ect.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I saved them for the next baby. By the time my oldest was 9 months I was 3 months pregnant with my 2nd and when he was 9 months I was 5 months pregnant with the 3rd kid. There was always another baby and after the 3rd started to outgrow the clothes I kept most of them knowing we wanted at least one more.
    She's now almost 4 and when she was about 2 I started handing clothes down to a friend whose daughter is 8 months younger. Then last summer (when she was 3) I packed up all the baby clothes I didn't want to donate them. Now I find myself pregnant again and almost no baby stuff left, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I kept them for my next child, whether we had conceived one yet or not.
    After that I gave friends first dibs on the clothes. Most of my baby clothes were from Carter's and in wonderful shape.
    Anonymous