Any comments or recommendations on The Johnny Jump Up?" Thinking about getting baby girl one today but I didn't get a lot of info on the internet!!!!! Thanks

I'm going shopping pretty soon so I'd appreciate timely responses as I HATE to shop so I gotta go b4 I lose the courage! LOL

blondiesrule32

Asked by blondiesrule32 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have one and can count on one hand how many times I've used it. It only fits on one doorway in the entire house, and that is by the closet with the water heater. I was okay with using it when she wasn't mobile, but I wouldn't feel safe with it now lol. It's a pain in the ass to put together, but overall, I think it would be nice for someone that has the right sized door things lol.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I am getting one for my son, but only because we have a double doorway right in my livingroom. If we didn't have that I probably would skip it.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 2:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Well it's not the size of the doorway itself, but the width of the trim that goes around it that we had issues with.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I personally like my jumperoo a TON better. Why? Because the leg holes are softer and padded a lot better and because the doorway jumper didn't work in most of our doorways (the doorways were too thick) .. The doorway it would fit was fine but then my son started trying to grab the doorways and swinging his jumper til it'd hit the darn doorways. He thought it was hilarious, til he squished his fingers! It WAS a wide enough doorway (per enclosed instructions!) but he'd swing it wildly! I quit using the doorway jumper and just switched entirely to using the jumperoo. The jumperoo takes up a bit of space but it's safer and it is more comfortable for his legs.. Door jumpers are also LOUD, jumperoos quiet. Jumperoos also have higher weight/height ratings.

Pros of the door jumpers is it is cheaper and takes up less room - bought my jumperoo from a friend for cheaper and I found a spot for it in our little house ..
    Anonymous

• My kids LOVED it. I use to hang it in the entry way to my kitchen and they would go bonkers bouncing and jumping while I cooked or got their food ready. It was often a lifesaver when DH wasn't home and I needed that extra hand. I didn't use it very long, maybe 2 months total. Once they started crawling it was game on and they didn't want to sit still or be in something that restricted their play area.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My daughter has one..actually two..and I would highly recommend it. She LOVES it. I have one in the kitchen and I put her in there while im doing dishes or cooking. She has one at my grandparents for when I'm at work also. She also has the jumperoo for the living room, which works just as well. Your baby will prob LOVE it! =)
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 8:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2010