Are you friends with ppl that are totally different than you?

Okay so me and my good friend are having trouble! We both have daughters that are under the age of 1. I have to work and she stays at home. My husband would make enough for me to stay at home if I wanted to, but there would be no wiggle room for any emergencies, fun date nights, or any extras, so I chose to work to have those things. My friend who has never said a word until I mentioned that I could stay at home but we'd be broke constantly made the statement that I was not ready to be a mom and how basically I am a horrible mother. I never replied and now I'm just hurt because when my husband gets his raise, I will be able to stay at home, but until then, I'd rather work and enjoy life than to stay at home and worry every minute that something will happen and my child will get sick and I won't be able to afford medicine. Is that wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• nope not at all - and that was pretty damn rude of your "friend"
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• oh for gosh sakes - breast or bottle, at home or leave home to work either way what's best is what's best for the family. Sometimes that's inclusive for the entire family, sometimes it's for a particular child or children. I'm a stay at home mom for 25 years, kids still home and processing out.

I know moms who are happier working outside the home and moms happier inside the home. You don't need her permission to parent best for your family, in fact it really sounds like you don't need that girl. You and your husband are legally and emotionally stable to make decisions for your family.

Boot her to the curb and get on with a wonderful hubby and family!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• That was just a stupid thing of her to say. Its funny because becoming a mother is what taught me not to judge other parents. Don't let it get to you, she's the one at fault for having such shitty character.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• that was a rude comment (your friend)! There are MANY working moms, and it's not like every single sahm is the mom of the year! You are making extra money for emergencies, rainy days and for fun events...nothing wrong with that! kudos to you! :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• That was a crappy thing for your "friend" to say.
    The truth of the matter is that you can't afford to stay at home if your husband doesn't make enough money to buy medicine if your child get's sick and not having a rainy day fund.
    Anonymous