.so stressed

I have a 6 week old and all she does is cry and is up hours on end and when she does sleep she still is up and down.. I have only got 2 hours of sleep the past 2 days.. I have tryed everything... infants mylicon for gas relief,burping her,changing her,wrapping her up,holding her,rocking her ect and she still just crys and crys and it stresses me out so bad cause i dont know what is wrong with her.. . I have cought myself yelling at her and i feel so bad. I dont know what eles to do. im so tired and have KNOWONE TO HELP ME AND I HATE TO LET HER JUST CRY WHAT CAN I DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would talk to your doctor. Just make an appointment tell him of your concerns and let him check her just to be sure everything is ok, which I am sure it is. Your baby may have colic. My son had colic. We used to literally walk the floors because of his crying. My son did not like to lie flat , he actually would fall asleep in his carrier. Try holding her in different positions, until she is comfortable. My son also would be okay with rocking or try a car ride. Try your best to not stress, as hard as it maybe. I am sorry you have no help or support that would help you. Your doctor may also want to change the formula, which may also help.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• first you need to be calm, they can sense it.
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 3:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• is she breastfed? or formula? If formula then what kind?
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 3:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My daughter did something similar. Is your baby on formula? Is she still having regular dirty diapers? If not, it could be an allergy to milk based formula. How long has this crying jag been going on?
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• op here i tryef bf but milk dryed up. she is on this formula
    http://i.theuseful.com/g/Nestle%20Good%20Start1.jpg
    Anonymous

• do you have a stereo or cd play head set that's cushiony on your ears? You won't get any rest in your head or body until your ears hear less noise.

Do you have a partner living with you? Text them if you do if they're working or email, that they must take baby care two hours every single night for you.

If you don't have a partner -who can you ask for help? An older woman from church or temple would love to hold baby for you and pat, burp baby to help you. Your health is more important than your ego of needing to parent in a specific way -without a break, without less noise in your ears.

Right now right down who you can ask for help. Someone from church can be paid back with a thank you meal further down the road. Simply the words please and thank you also mean alot.

List now.

Text / email next.

Call next.

My husband wasn't around for our kids childhoods. I know what you're going through.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Call your doctor.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i would change her to enfamil AR, My son was like that too but as soon as we changed his formula he was better.... 100% turn around! that is something to try..
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 3:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• op here she has been on this formula for 4 weeks and the crying just started 1 week ago
    Anonymous

• Is that the formula your doctor who's examined her at different visits thinks is best? My youngest daughter ended up being switched to Nutramigen because of upset at a few weeks old. it settle her tummy much much more.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2010