Legitimate Work at Home

Looking for legitimate work at home.

If you are someone who gets commission for referring me to your company, please do not respond.

If your company requires me to sign up with or purchase anything to begin, please do not respond. I am broke...that's why I'm looking for work. I can't buy candles or tupperware or cuttlery or makeup or sextoys....okay?

If your company pays 0.10 for every envelope sealed or question answered (like stuffing envelopes or KGB), please do not respond.

I have spent too much time studying and qualifying and taking tests and doing webcasts with work at home businesses that are scams or will take me 2 weeks to make $16.

Please...don't waste me time. I want to work...but I want to get paid. My family really needs the money. I am 7 months pregnant...no one will hire me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• Congratulations on your new baby to be.

Check out the wahm boards...www.wahm.com go to the telecommuting area
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 3:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• so you want to work from home but don't want to pay anything, don't want a low paying one, and don't want to have to train for it?

go get a real job.
    Anonymous

• childcare or just taking in a child or two.
    Anonymous

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• The majority of what you will find are going to be home business opportunities, many of which are very legit. However, there are many companies out there that do hire home based workers. You just have to know where to look. I have some great information for you on working from home posted on my blog and a list of companies that hire home based workers on my website.

Good Luck in your search!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• to: so you want to work from home but don't want to pay anything, don't want a low paying one, and don't want to have to train for it?

go get a real job.
    _____________

you're just mean. i explained that i am pregnant. i've worked my whole life since i was 13. i've never had food stamps or been on welfare or received gov assistance. i quit my job in the medical field after my first child was born to be a stay at home mom. my husband is in the military and will be deploying again soon. i didn't say i won't take a low paying job...but $16 a week (for 20 hours work) isn't going to help me or my family. like i said...you're just mean. -OP
    Anonymous

• Go to www.NewCareer4me.info here on cafemom or Work @ Home Success Blog for a HUGE list of @ home EMPLOYERS; not bizs.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Hi, I work for ChaCha and kgb_. They are both legit.
    There are more jobs in my work at home group and I recommend checking out the lionbridge thread.
    That job pays $14.50/hr.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/30431
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 5:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• ya get a real job..i work for kgb and bring in 400 a month...it isnt that bad..and thats me also working not a lot of hours either..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2010