Are you offended by ME giving glory to GOD ?? try to answer without rudeness

I asked a question about helping others No matter the consequences I said allow people to see GODs love through you & I give my glory to god.. Why would that offend anyone it doesn't bother me when someone says their jewish, Muslim, atheists, Or any other religion.. If they want to say they give glory to their GOD Or themselves I wouldn't be offended.. I was only trying to get people more active in helping others.. I originally posted under religion then when I was bashed I posted under fun..
Thank you to those who answer without being mean Or rude even if you disagree you can keep some class to your answer..:) there are many afraid to help they may be sued Or hurt, some are selfish "well I will be late for work" some may not even care, & others won't help because they disagree with Or dislike the person who needs help.. I say help NO matter what ..

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 3:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• well.. then I can't tell you why people flipped out in your original question.. it doesn't seem at all offensive to me.. wish you luck.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I had a typing mistake the first time, sorry
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 3:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I honestly can't say I give you 2 seconds thought in any given day to worry about what you do.
    Anonymous

• I care more about my family and therefore I won't help "no matter what."
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• no im not offended. i think it is important to be a good person. no matter whether or not it comes from religious roots. just be a good person to others.
    Anonymous

• I'm not offended by that sort of thing but I think it's judgmental to call another selfish because they would like to hold down their job and not be late. Some employers are truly awful about that no matter the reason. I think you should do what you feel you need to but you should realize that everyone has the free will to do as they see fit.
    Anonymous

• I think you post probably sounded, originally, like good deeds could only be done if the mom answering the post prays to God in specific ways your original post implied. Take a step back and re read slowly this post and your earlier one. Some believe in God but not to the depth that others do. To otther moms God is so important that a stray of a family member from it for any reason at all, love with another race of a child, homosexuality of a child etc. brings them nearly disowning that child.

Good deed are important for the goodness it brings to another and the good feeling it gives one who does the giving. I don't believe my God is your God to the same depth and I do believe very much in God.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I'm not offended by what you do with/to/about/for your God at all. It's only when someone proclaims it as a means of getting others to convert or imply that thier God is the only God, that pisses me off.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Not in the least, it is nice to see good deeds in any way, shape or form. I feel closer to God when I do good deeds, it fills my heart with love.

Answer by older at 4:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• FEB 17 3:27 anonymous thats ok I will care enough for both of us.. I ca truly say I care & wish to be kind to everyone even if the feeling is not mutual.. Anonymous 3:31 I saw a guy get hit by a car & 10 cars drove by without stopping :( I think if you told your boss I'm late because i stopped to help someone out they may understand.. Anonymous 3:47 It doesn't matter how good you or what good you do on earth IMO its only by the blood of Jesus you can be saved, but GOD does tell us to be kind, loving, etc..
    I also love my family & the selfish part of me would help them before anyone else however If I can help someone I will Or I'll find someone else who can.. I am NOT trying to get anyone to convert, thats a personal choice, I am trying to get people to care more about others. I may not agree with everyone about everything, but I do care & would help anyone..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 4:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2010