If someone calls the police on some one for domestic violance and they go to jail, but they defendant dident actually assult the victom will the victom go to jail?

Ok so my friend called the police on her bf bc she was mad at him and wated him out of her house, she said that he choked her which was a lie but she was real upset at the time.....any way they got court on the first and doesent want charges on him...she wants to tell the judge she lied....but she is scared she will get charged and go to jail......will that happen?

ILOVEMYKIDS08

Asked by ILOVEMYKIDS08 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She will go to jail if she admits that she lied which might be good for her since she would learn a valuable lesson from her lying about domestic violence and sending her bf to jail. That's on his record, and if he was smart about it he would have filed charges on her for false imprisonment.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Its false reporting and THAT is a crime. If I were him I would press charges. What she has done can affect his entire life, he would have a hard time getting certain jobs and it could carry jail time depending on what state you live in even for a first offense. She is better off telling the truth.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• BTW Women like your friend make it hard for women who are truly being abused to be taken seriously. Her actions reach far past just her, and what if one day she really is being abused? The police are going to be less likely to take her seriously.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I agree with 3 ring circus! Your friend needs to pay the piper for her stupid and illegal decision.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My little brother's ex-girlfriend did that to him. She did it because she was being a bitch and he tried to kick her out of his apt. She didn't want to go home to her mom's house and didn't have anywhere else to go. She did wise up and go to court and told the truth. The state treated it like she was a victim and was lying to cover up for her boyfriend. The state dropped the charges but my brother still spent 2 days in jail and has domestic violence on his record.
    She did not get in trouble. She did lose her boyfriend though. She tried to act like it was all good and they'd go back to being a couple. He walked out of the court room, went straight to the clerk of court and filed a restraining order against her.
    Anonymous

• He walked out of the court room, went straight to the clerk of court and filed a restraining order against her.

Smart man! Sucks it is still on his record, that is what I am talking about these self centered childish women who dont think of how they are affecting other peoples lives.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010