Is 7 months too early to be thinking about marriage?

I've been dating my man for 7 months and the thought of marriage came up. I have a 3yr old and he cannot have any children. I am veery happy. Would it be too soon to become a family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• NOPE! If he has all the qualities you want in a husband and especially in a father, then it's perfect timing. Besides, you wanna know where this is going... right? You're emotionally invested and want to know if you're gonna get your returns (sorry, just did our taxes, LOL!).
    When I met SO, I was straight with him that I wanted to get married and wasn't interested in a meaningless relationship. Less than 6 mos later we were planning our wedding. Then DS surprised us and then I had to stop working an then we have an amazing renovation coming up, so marriage is gonna have to wait til after the reno :)

So long story short, NO! :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Only you two know what is right for you guys. I personaly would never be able to.
    Anonymous

• First, do you want more children?
    It is not to soon to marrie to me. I married you DH only 4 months after we me and we have been married 21 years next year..

Answer by louise2 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My husband and I knew each other for about 2 years then started dating for 7 months then got married. We just knew it was what we wanted.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I think it's way too soon. I don't even think you should introduce someone you've been dating to your kids until you've known them at least 6 months! If you didn't have a son, it would be one thing for you to marry someone after 7 months, but to do so when you have a child who's going to be affected? Yes, I think it's way too soon. You need to know him much better than you can possibly know someone after only 7 months.

Answer by missanc at 4:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Yes, way too soon. If you really care about eachother you'll still be together in 2 years or so.
    Anonymous

• IN MY OPINION, you need to talk to HIM about it. If the "thought" came up, and it was just to you, you need to talk to him, not just think about it. Where does he stand on it? Does he want to be the father of your child (or step father if your childs father is still around)? There is a lot to it. I wouldn't be ready to get married after 7 months, but that is just me, it is everyones personal choice.
    Anonymous

• It's up to you. I married my husband after 7 months. I knew he was the right one. We will be together 11 years in April.
    Anonymous

• My Hubby and I married 3 mos. after meeting, and after 10 yrs. we're still going strong - when you KNOW it's right, why wait ?
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Personally, my hubby and I got married 3 months after meeting and I'm divorcing him. However, you can only know what is good for YOU and when it's right. Best wishes.
    Anonymous