Teething at 3.5 months?

I don't see any teeth 'erupting?" but she's got spurts of fussiness that are out of character, refusal of food right away and hand to mouth syndrome. which i'm sure is normal at her age but its still a sign.

My baby has never cried like this, it only lasts a few minutes each time but it's still hard on me.

Is it teething, really?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD is 8 weeks old and she is cutting her first tooth, so it's certainly possible. The odd thing is the tooth that's coming in is on the top two over from the front teeth, typicaly it's the bottom front teeth first. But not only is one tooth about to cut through but the same tooth on the other side is coming in too
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• could be
    Anonymous

• probably. Rub your finger in her mouth and see if you feel any hard spots. Also white gums will show when they are about to erupt. watch for a fever too.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Could be. My daughter had her bottom 2 teeth at 4 months old. That started the trend for early development of her teeth. She lost them at 4 years old.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 4:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• AHH!! yes there are white gums!!
    Anonymous

• very much could be! DD started teething at 2 mos, had 4 teeth (2 bottom and 2 top) by 3 mos and she had all her teeth by 9! Teething tablets worked the best for dd, she always got at least 2 at a time and a max of 4 twice, it was horrible!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Not too young! Mine started teething at 3 months but they didn't break through until 5 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• not young at all both my kids were teething at that age. teeth dint break thru till 9 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i think that's our problem then, shes CHOMPING on a teething ring right now
    Anonymous

• Having the same exact problem right now. Except i also have a whole lot of drooling going on also. I could fill a pool by now. I give him a cold wash cloth to chew on. That way he can grip the whole thing. If it gets real bad I'll give him baby tylenol
    JaymieZ

Answer by JaymieZ at 5:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2010