What are YOUR responsibilities?

What do you think you are personally responsible for as a citizen of this country. This is YOU, not your kids or others.

1

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 4:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• To be a well-respected, integral, upstanding, law-abiding citizen and member of my community. To be the best wife, mother and friend I can be, and to have hopefully leave a positive mark on the world after I'm gone.

4
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• jumping jacks
    Anonymous

• Myself.

Answer by louise2 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Myself should be all... but i pay enough in taxes every year to support two families on WIC and pay for two hospital births. Yay America!
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i believe it is my responsibility to serve my country in the military i think every citisen should have to serve a 3 year stint. i believe it is my responsibility to be informed and to vote for the canadate i believe will best help the country and not allow a party to decided who and how i will vote. it is my responsibility to speak out when i see wrong or coruption and to praise good works.it is my responsibility to pay my taxes and to not use systems for which i am not entitled and to repport those who do.
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 5:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• To take care of my family, to support my community, to speak with my votes, and to be an advocate for causes that I believe are important.
    Anonymous

• To provide for myself and my family first. If #1 is accomplished to share time, talent and treasure with those in need. To be family and community oriented. To take and use only what is needed and no more. To respect others and the Earth surrounding.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Hmmm ... good question. While my kids were growing up, I keenly felt the responsibility to raise them well, so that they would understand America, be good citizens who are not a drain on their community, and be happy FUNCTIONAL spouses and parents.

Now that they are grown, it is only a couple of times a week that we are called upon to fulfill our roles as parents of young adults and as grandparents.

In my own circles, I can support others and seek out truthful information, and pass it on as this is called for.

As to the broader U.S., I mostly include it in my prayers along with trouble spots around the world ... (it was such a relief when we could stop praying about the bombings in Northern Ireland, wasn't it?)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• And my fervent thanks to mom2snsb and all who serve our country ! When they sign on, they give up many of their freedoms for the sake of the rest of us !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2010