is this strange of my dh?

dh and mil do not get along. they bicker. has always been that way. they are just too similar of personalities and both think they know waaay more than the other person on every subject in the book. they can get along at social events. but my mom's company rents out an amusement park for the comp. picnic. last year she didnt invite us. dh was a little disappointed (not that we have ever been asked before) .... so this year. she has invited us but 1. wants to drive 4 hours together -same car 2. wants to stay in the same hotel suite (diff bedrooms, shared living room.) i just know dh wont want to go because of this issue. i think my mom might be doing it to cause trouble. but i have told her we need to at least have diff hotel rooms. so my ?? --- is it that strange that dh would not want to live w/ my mom in the same hotel room for 2 to 3 days? i think she does try to annoy him and i cannot stop my mom.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 5:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Not strange...sharing a space is difficult ESP for people who dont get along. vacations or get aways are supposed to be relaxing. Dont force the issue..stay seperated!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• strange
    Anonymous

• Well if they don't get along, I can see his point. I get along ok with my FIL but if we were to take a trip together, I would def not want to be in the same hotel room with him for days, even if we had a 2 bedroom suite. He thinks he knows everything and isn't afraid to tell me what I am doing wrong, forget the fact that he hasn't taken care of small children for almost 20 years.
    Anonymous

• Even if I got along with my MIL, oh wait I do get along with her, I still wouldn't want to stay in the same hotel room as her and she would understand that.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2010