How do you handle it when your child is away?

So my daughter is 10.5 months old and the only time the two of us are apart is when I go to college three nights a week. Well today my hubby's parents wanted to watch her while I go to class so they came an hour before I had to leave. Just the hour of being home without her has me in tears that I can't control. I am completely miserable without her with me, at least at class I am distracted.

I have friend's who let their 2 month olds have sleep overs and I just don't get why I am so attached to her but other parent's aren't quite as attached.I know we all love our babies with all our hearts.

Does anyone else have this problem? If not, how do you handle your baby leaving you?

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 5:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• life, gotta love it
    Anonymous

• i have no problem i enjoy it i love them but am k if i dont see them for a few hrs while they are at grandmas
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• ugh, i am the same way. i was able to go out last night for my birthday. she was also sleeping at home with daddy & i was a quarter of a mile away, so i think that helped. i also don't get why i'm like this & other mothers aren't...
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 6:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• No problem for me. A little break is nice.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 6:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i dance in the street, then i go take a LONG bubble bath, and then a nap.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I was the same way. I couldn't imagine letting my kids spend the night away when they were babies. I was never away from them at all until they were toddlers.

Then when my sons were 5 and 2 my husband and I divorced. The first time he took the boys I cried. The youngest was so upset he threw up in the car. They weren't gone long before he brought them back. He was a good man and didn't make them spend the night until the youngest was 4 and the weekend until he was 8.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I love my daughter to death,I really do,but the few hihours I have away from her while she's at school are heaven,it's so nice and quiet.Ok bashers have at me.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010