what do you think of Pull-Ups?

I been trying to potty train my 2yr old but this is or 3rd bag of pull ups. they cost more & have less that a reg diaper bag. Am i just waisting my $. But then if i leave her w/only her undes she might have and accident. =0

What do you think? did pull ups work 4 u why or why not?

Bless2haveU

Asked by Bless2haveU at 5:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they are just like diapers, a waste of money and more money for a stupid comapny.. not a good way to potty train. use panties or underwear. thats my opinion.
    Anonymous

• They do not help in potty training. they are just like a diaper and the kids know that. Yes you are wasting your money. If you really want to potty train. Put them in underware.
    Anonymous

• I found pull ups delayed potty training. They are the same as diapers and don't allow your child to feel uncomfortable enough to encourage them to use the potty instead. I have to use them when my kids are in daycare, but for real potty training you need cloth underwear (or no underwear).
    Anonymous

• I didn't use them eith my son..well, I used about two..then, I realized regular undies and accidents helped him. He was trained in less than i week.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I think pull-ups are great when you try to do potty training (just undies) and it only partially catches on...so you hang the intense training for a little while, but don't want to loose the partial training you actually got.

Like after our first training week my daughter only caught on as far as going when we put her on, she never got to the self initiating level. So we figured she wasn't really ready, and decided to pick up training again in a month or two. In the mean time we used pull-ups (still diapers at night) to stop the training but to keep what she had learned.

In that circumstance the pull-ups are a good intermediary between training sessions because diapers can get mangled when you take them off and on a few times (if you do that enough the pull-up becomes cheaper).

Anonymous

• i like to get them wet, freeze them and throw them at stray dogs
    Anonymous

• I found they are too much like regular diapers and real underwear works much better for potty training! I use them only for going to the store otherwise they just keep going in them! I agree with pp's, they are a waste of money...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• No they don't work!!! I used to work at a daycare and every parent that trained with pull ups was potty training forever. Why? Because they are diapers! If you want to train your kid, get rid of them!!!
    Anonymous

• We're currently using pull-ups as we start potty training our son (who will be 3 in April). For us, we need them to allow him to pull his pants up and down but he's only somehwat cooperative sitting on the potty. Thus, it gives us a way to work on this without endless accidents and battles to get him on the potty.. Since he's had developmental delays, things are always jsut a bit tougher. However, what has been suggested to us is to put on regular underwear then a pullup. that way, he knows what it feels like to be wet without the endless battles/accidents. One of his teachers trained all 3 of her kids that way.
    Anonymous

• They are a waste of money, a hinderance, a glorified diaper. I refuse to use them. If you're afraid to just use regular undies, get the training underpants made by Gerber, sold by the regular toddler undies.
    Anonymous