MY MIL!

my MIL feels the need to call and remind us of everyones bday and tell us that we should call and tell them happy bday. She also called and asked me if we called to congratulate my dh's brother on their new pregnancy. WTF?? I mean, bdays have never been that big of a deal in my family. These people never call and send any of us cards anyways so why should we bother with them and why should we congratulate them? He is my dh's brother but they act like distant family. I love my MIL to death but she really pushes my buttons when doing this and i don't know how to tell her to back off without hurting her feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• holy shit! are you my twin?? do you have my MIL??? i swear its the exact person you are tlaking about she does the same EXACT THING! and when we dont go to birthdays she thorws a fit or bitches about it!
    Anonymous

• She may just feel its her duty to encourage her family to be close.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Just tell her thanks for the info and hop off the phone...just because she shares info with u doesnt mean u have to call....I tell my grandma to her face that i want nothing to do with certain familiy members so please dont push it on me. and let that be that!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2010