how much does your 2 and a half weigh?

I watch a 2 1/2 year old and he is 26 lbs the other children in his family isn't small at all and his mom tells me he don't eat good at home and he never eats breakfast and i told her he eats good for me but he only eats one meal here and he will not eat anything else for me (no snacks but he will eat candy) The mother also hasn't giving him milk since he turned 2 and don't give him stuff in place of it either i was just wondering if this is small for his age when i change him you can see every rib in his body and you can wrap both your hands around his waist without him sucking in...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son turned 2 in Nov and always has been small. he's 26 lbs also. He's tall and thin on the charts.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My 28 month old is 25 lbs. He is a skinny little thing but he eats a lot and his doctor says he is fine.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 6:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• From all the information you have, if you're truly deeply concerned that she may be neglectful, make a private report to child services.

My son who will be 4 in April... was always Skinny. He had ups and downs with how much he wanted to eat, and the doc. said it was normal, sometimes they eat more, and sometimes they'll eat less. There's not a supper amount of fat on his body that you can see he has ribs, The didn't poke out or anything, so without seeing the kid I couldn't say for sure.

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 6:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Well my children are not 2 1/2 but my 1st dd is 20 months and weighs 27lbs and my 6 month old weighs 20lbs. They both eat pretty well. There isnt anything my 20 month old doesnt like except for daddys cooking
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Facing the same thing with my stepson who is 4 but weighs 3 pounds more than my 3 year old. I'm debating calling cps also. Look up growth charts, try to feed him as best foods as you can by looking up recipes to hide nutrients and veggies and slip in a vitamin. How long do you watch him? Is it each day or a couple times a week? The longer it is, the bigger positive effect you can have on him regardless of what his mom does/ doesn't do.
    Anonymous

• My 2 1/2 year old weighs almost 40 lbs, is in a sz 4, wears a sz 10 shoe (he is just a BIG boy- not an ounce of fat on him outside of his chubby cheeks).

We do not eat dairy products, my children drink nothing but water, we are vegetarians, do not use ANY processed foods... My other two, well... the oldest has been in the 95% in height & 5-15% in weight since 6 months. My middle child is 50% all around... every child is different.
    my 8 year old weights 56 lbs and is 4'9- Every child is different.

and why in the hell would you give a BABY candy??? maybe think that things like THAT are the reason he won't eat snacks?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• DD is 31 months and she is 28lbs.
    Anonymous

• my dd is 27 mos and weighs 26.8 lbs... she's tall and skinny as well.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My twins are only 24 lbs and they are 33 months old. Sometimes you just cannot put weight on a child no matter what you do. Please don't jump to conclusions. Have you had indepth conversations about his eating habits and about your concerns? That's what you ought to do first. Ask if his Dr is concerned. We see specialists for the twins. Their brothers were HUGE at the same age. There has never been any child in the family to be this small. We pack high calorie foods in them all the time, but they gain very little and very slowly. They are way under the charts for weight, but inching slightly closer to the chart for height. But are still not on the chart at all. Those charts are only general guidelines. Some children are over them and some are under. You can see my twins ribs also. Do you know if he has some sort of milk allergy or if he is lactose intolerant? Those could be good reasons for the no milk. Just throwing out ideas
    NiniAndTheBoys

Answer by NiniAndTheBoys at 8:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My son is almost 3 but JUST hit 30 lbs - fell back under when he has RSV & pneumonia. I think he was 26 lbs at his 2yr checkup. But he's healthy and that's what matters.
    Anonymous