i slapped my husband...

in the beginning of our relationship. He was a BIG time mama's boy who went crying to her, of course not telling her he'd cheated on me and I slapped him after he held me down (by my arms) & said he was "glad he cheated on me". He used to be the type to call his mom after every arugment, of course she heard how I left the room, slammed the door etc or whatever but never told her what he did to me. Point is 2 years later now (we live in Co and she in TX) we have are having ababy and yes, things have been really good the last while since we've been through counseling & deceided to work it out. I LOVE his Dad & his stepmom, but his Mother ever since then questions EVERYTHING. since the day she knew I slapped him she questions "Are you sure she is going to work?" "maybe you should follow her" "is she really in school?" etc. I never cheated & she isn't even aware that he did. She even went as far as I'm going to perhaps ...cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• be abusive to our baby and that maybe we should "move to texas" so she can watch our baby while I go to work and school. Really?!? How the hell do I deal with someone like that, I don't want to cut her out of my sons life, but her talking like that makes me not even want to drop the baby off when we're in town visitng because I was a nanny for 4 yrs, kids will be kids and if he has the slightest bruise what if she starts something? How do I even began to deal with this women and why won't she let things go"? Since it caused such a HUGE problem in our marriage, my husband promised me he'd never again go to his mother about our problems or fights, but the damage is done and this lady hates me or seems to. I don't even know what to do. Sometimes this sounds selfish, it'd be easier to just keep his dad and his wife and my parents in my babys life. 'cause at this point I do NOT trust her!
    Anonymous

• Don't move to 'Texas and then there should be no problem, if she visits you or you guys visit her, keep it brief. Maybe even talk to her about how she feels about you. Afterall she thinks you hit her precious son for no reason and who know what else he tells her. Maybe the 2 of you will end up liking each other.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 6:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• wait till your a mom and hear your son fighting with whoever and stays in a bad relationship it's hard on her i'm sure.BUT you two have officially united and are expecting a little person it's time togrow up be the best mom be a good DIL and make ammends to the situation the child should enjoy his grandmother without your differences, good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• She only heard his side-of course she treats you this way. I would have a nice little "come to jesus" speech with her and set the record straight. Until then, you'll have no peace.

On a side note, I hope you are working on your marriage---counseling??
    Anonymous

• For your sanity and for your relationship, keep some distance from her. My husband was a momma's boy too. His mom and sisters got in between us before they even met me. They were convinced I was bad news before they ever met me just because my husband stopped going home as much to see them. It can be hard for moms to let go. The best thing is to keep some distance. When you visit make it brief but enjoy the time togehter. Don't criticize anyone. It only makes it worse. Remember quality not quanity. You can not get in between him and his family. If you want to be with him they are part of the package. However, you don't have to take abuse. Stand up for yourself with respect. If you just cannot at all be around them then don't. He can be the one they contact to see your son.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 7:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Perhaps your husband should talk to his mom. Tell her the whole story... about him cheating on you and everything. That is the only thing that's going to fix this.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Are you sure your hubby didn't tell his mom that YOU cheated instead of telling her that he did? Sounds like she's suspicious of your every move and there may be a reason for that.
    Anonymous