Calling on all moms for advice

Ok so my daughter will be 3 in less than a month and i am a sahm now and it seems the more i try with her the more i get no where on potty training....i am just at my wits end with it right now...my husband is on me thinking i can snap my fingers and be done with it...bc he is sick of buying diapers...i tried the potty in the room....didnt work...i tried asking her all the time if she has to go...still no luck...and most recently i have tried just a bare hiney...and that diffinately didnt work bc she pooped on my floor and it was everywhere....please any advice or techniques will be greatly appreciated...i jsut feel like pulling my hair out right now i am that frustrated....thanks again

skyes_mom07

Asked by skyes_mom07 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, it sounds like you already tried it but I used the 3 day method with potty's in the rooms and bare bottomed and it worked really well for me. I have hardwood floors so the accidents were that big of deal to me. She only had accidents for about 2-3 days then she had the hang of it. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• Well my nephew was potty trained because he got a pair of his favorite cartoon character underwear. My mother told him he couldnt wear them because he would poop on spider mans face. And from that day on he went to the potty. I dont know if this will help but every idea is better than none. Good luck
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• You and you Dh may not like this but I say leave her alone, you are stressing her out about it so she is fighting it. Stop pushing it asking about it or doing anything with it for at lease 2 months, let her be the one to initiate or you will put her further back and make her more resistant to the idea.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• yea i think that is what i am gonna do truealaskanmom....its like a stress line in my house it goes from my hubby to me and then to our daughter.....after tonight and what happened i am just leaving her alone with it...thanks
    skyes_mom07

Answer by skyes_mom07 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• get a set cover for the toilet she might be scared of the toilet, my son was so i got him a seat cover of the theme cars they have other themes maybe try that, along with a lil treat like a few M&MS or skttles
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• sit her on the pot every houe with a book or 2 - make her sit there a few minutes each time
    and make a big deal of it when she does go in the potty
    good luck!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Potty training is like everything else. There is no one-size fits all solution. The key is finding out what your daughter's button is and then pushing it just so. :) For some kids it's about getting those big kid underwear. For others it's a prize chart. Figure out what will motivate her most and dangle it. For my kids the selling point was preschool. We toured the school they would attend during class hours. We then explained that they couldn't go to the school if they were still in diapers - that only big kids that used the potty could go to preschool and I couldn't even sign them up if they weren't using the potty all the time already. My oldest demanded I take him to a potty right then and there to prove he could do it. LOL! A week later he was fully out of diapers during day-light hours. My DD sat down in the middle of one classroom, told me she was fine, she'd use the potty when she had to (cont)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• (cont) My kids also liked getting to make phone calls to grandparents and whoever wasn't at home. The adults they called knew to make a super big fuss. The kids LOVED it.

Figure out what is a hot selling point for your DD. Don't stress over it. Don't make her stressed. Talk about being a 'big girl' and all the great things that come with it and then remind her that "BIG" girls don't use diapers. Diapers are for little kids. When she's BIG she can do this and that. Make a sticker chart and celebrate EACH milestone. Don't freak about accidents. Potty training is a process. Take accidents in stride, "That's ok. We'll clean up. You'll get it next time." Commit to a strategy and stay with it. Don't be discouraged after a short stretch. She'll get there.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2010