is it okay to walk to my mailbox at the end of my street to get the mail everyday while my 4 month old baby is napping in her crib?

I'm only gone for a minute, but is that okay? it's kind of like if i go to the garage for something and come right back, only i'm leaving the house.

i don't want the neighbors to talk if this isn't an okay thing to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's fine....
    Anonymous

• babies safe and sound it'sonly human to want a breathe of fresh air
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Take a monitor with you and be very fast
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Its fine...bring the monitor with you if your uncomfortable. I would garden while my DD was inside sleeping, the monitor had a little clasp I'd attach to my pants.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Yeah take a monitor and go ahead. Some uptight moms might say not to, but we all run to the basement to do laundry or grab the mail, or even take a bath...we are only human
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• It sucks sooo bad that mothers today have so much to worry about, WTF has the world come to when you can't even feel safe leaving the baby to walk to the mailbox. Oh don't I know? We have 100 predators within 10 miles and we live in a nice upscale neighborhood!
    Anonymous

• i didnt even think about someone comin in my house and stealing my baby!!! WHAAT

in other countries, like latvia, people leave their strollers outside stores on nice days !
    Anonymous

• I would worry more about fires and earthquakes and such than someone stealing the baby. Unless it's the baby's father that might want to steal the baby.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• If you can go, and still hear through the monitor, then I would say ok. If not, then I'd go when someone is with the baby, or bring her with you for a walk.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Yeah it's fine. I always get the mail with my DD in the house. She's 3.5, so she'll be in the house awake now a days while I am gone that whopping 40 seconds.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2010