What is your opinion on dating friends EX's

this has been an on going discussion with me and my boyfriend and i need outside views on the situation.

Would you consider it wrong to date a former friends ex-boyfriend if she told you she had stronger feelings for someone else and while dating this man she was having sex with other people? and before you decided to go through with dating him you were a woman about the situation and asked her how she felt about you dating him and her answer to the question was she didnt care? Is it wrong to do it anyway?

Would you date a guy that was known to be a cheater yet seems to be faithful to you?

Would you stay with a guy that in the past was accused of abuse of assaulting a female yet has never placed his hand on you and claims the accusations were not true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• It would be a case by case bases as far as the cheating and abuse, but its an obvious red flag. I'm happily married and if one of my friends wanted to date one of my ex's I can honestly say I wouldn't care in the least.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• 1. If we were still friends, no I wouldn't date him even if she said it's ok. Would seem to weird. If we weren't friends anymore but she still somehow told me that it was ok and if he was a really great guy, then yes.

2. No. I wouldn't date a cheater even if he "seemed"faithful to me. If he could do it to her he could do it to me.

3. If there was never any proof whatsoever that he asaulted someone, or if it seemed that the female could have been making it up, I might give it a try but would keep my eye out for any trouble.
    Anonymous

• i don't think it's right to date a friends ex, regardless of if they don't care or anything like that. "it breaks an unspoken rule" LOL..i'm happily married, but would still be a little wierded out if my friend came to me and wanted to date an ex, especially if he meant anything. everyone deserves a second chance...cheating on a previous girlfriend, doesnt mean that he's a compulsive cheater..and if he says accusations of abuse aren't true, then all "you" can do is believe him until he gives you a reason not to...just in my opinion.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 6:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Things for recycling: paper, plastic, glass, aluminum

Things not for recycling: men
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• no to all 3 ?'s

and LMAO @ ecodani
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I'd date a friend's ex in this case. I wouldn't date a known cheater or an abuser, especially the abuser.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My ex told he he abused his ex-girlfriend. Said his parents would kick his ass if he did that to me. He did. He never hit me, he shoved me. And was emotionally abusive. And oh, yeah, held a loaded gun to my head and said sometimes he wanted to shoot me. So, no. I wouldn't date someone that is a known cheater. Of course he seems faithful to you, cheaters tend to be good liars.
    If the guy was a nice guy, and the ex of a friend, as long as she was fine with it, why not?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Well the friend in question was known to be a thief and liar from the begining. im just not cool with abuse period. so when a women comes to me and says that she has been assaulted regardless of her character of course im going to beleive her and come to her aid however when all of this happened the guy in question wasnt able to plead his case..now that i know his side of the story i dont know what the truth is he says during an arguement she damaged his computer and thats when he grabbed her she then punched him in the face and he tried to calm her down she grabbed his computer again and called me sayin he assaulted her. knowing that shes a liar and has lied in the past im taking his side of the story over hers although i dont know the truth and havent heard that he has been violent with anyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2010