Maternity pants for smaller women

ok, I'm a size 0 before pregnancy and this is my 3rd so I know I'm not going to gain much weight b/c I didn't w/ my other 2. I could never find reasonably priced maternity pants that actually fit. Even size 2 would fall off of me. What i want to know is if there are some websites that y'all can tell me about or stores that cater to smaller pregnant women or maybe I should just get some size 2's and get them tailored. Suggestions? I'm so tired of wearing regular pants during pregnancy w/ the bella band. my pants would always seem to slide b/c they weren't buttoned and it was also uncomfortable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, I'm really tall and thin and maternity clothes don't fit me well. You can hem them if you're short, but you can't create 3-4 more inches of hem fabric out of thin air.

There is a boutique in Atlanta called Izzy Maternity. I don't know where you are, but a boutique store like that might help you. "Reasonably" priced is going to be the wrench in your gears. But, boutiques often offer free tailoring. So if you were to get good deals and have them altered vs pay for the item in full with free alterations, which is cheaper for you?

You could also join some birthing groups or play groups and see if there is a mom your shape who have left overs to sell or give.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I found some old navy brand pants at a yard sale that were size XS that worked for me. I'm not as small as you, but the smalls were falling off of me even at 8 months pregnant. Lol. So maybe check and see if you can find some extra small pants and try them out. =) Good luck! I got sick of my bellaband, too.
    Anonymous