Separation Anxiety???

How long does it usually last? My nine month old is going through it for the first time, and while I know that it's a perfectly normal milestone, I can't help that it broke my heart this morning when I had to leave her at the babysitter's house lol. I hope this doesn't last too long because I hate seeing her upset and not being able to do anything about it.

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 6:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some times it last a long time but usually it comes and goes they will get over it and a few months later start all over.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My DD was like that from about 9-12 months. Now at 20 months she is getting upset everytime I put my coat on. Maybe she'll come around as she gets more comfortable with the sitter. Just don't sneak out, make sure you say goodbye.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Sometimes I wonder if they ever get over it, or if they just learn to cope, since it's not really natural to be separated from mom that young.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2010