How do you help prevent food and crumbs from falling in between the cracks?

My dh bought me a really nice range/stove and while the delivery dudes took the old one out MAN...it was full of running food going down the sides I was embarrassed but atleast the obvious was cleaned. Well with my new stove I am going to try my best to not let this happen again...Any suggestions!!!

Thank you ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love to cook.I'm afraid to pull out my stove...l.o.l. if there is a next tme you can pull it out and wash it down.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• there used to be a slim latex/rubbery piece that you could buy at hardware stores to prevent this. A LONG time ago, probably not available anymore. Anyway, they came in 1-2 inch wide widths and in different neutral tones to match countertops and the rubber would just rest smoothly against the edge of your stove. I haven't seen one in years. making a regular schedule to clean the stove would be a solution if your careful to not scratch or tear your kitchen flooring. Newer stoves come with a quarter inch lip around the stove top to stop spills, other than that I could only suggest being more careful while cooking to prevent the spills to begin with. GL
    oh, and don't be embarrassed, those guys see that stuff all the time. yours probably was not the worst. :)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2010