What are your kids learning in pre school?

Just curious... My daughter is 4 and in pre school and they have been teaching sight words. She knows in,is,at,my,you,are,have and at least 5-6 other words... is this common in most pre schools?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know about the site words but we had a question of the day, the date, calendar learning, ABC's, numbers counted and written to 100, their names, address and phone number, colors, shapes, and that's all I can remember.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• she knows the things you listed also except her address and phone number :)
    Anonymous

• We live in WV and last year my little girl went to pre-school. She learned letters, colors, shapes, and some sign languae. They did alot of free play and basically got them socially ready for kindergarten.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 7:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• the days of the week, seasons, abc's,numbers,reading, and lots more.
    Anonymous

• My 3yo is in preschool (2 days a week for 2 hours each day) and they are learning a new letter each week (mostly how to write it and recognize them, not much with the sounds) and they are now working on numbers (earlier in the year they did colors). She has also learned a bunch of games and songs (she's driving me nuts with the Christmas songs they learned earlier). She also learned the Pledge of Allegiance, how to write her first and last name in capital and lower case letters (she can spell and write her first name with no problem but can't get her full last name yet without help).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2010