Sleeping with a married man

So I bumped into my college professor from 2 years ago and we exchanged e-mails. We wrote a bunch, spent time together, etc. Then we had sex. Then after all this he mentions his wife and kids. I feel awful and we're not talking anymore. I'm never going near him again. I don't want to mess with the wife and kids. He told me he started cheating 2 years into their 13 year marriage and she has no clue. He sometimes goes a year or so without doing it then he'll have several partners the next.

So my question is, what would you have done if this was your situation or the situation of someone you cared about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• STOP screwing around with a married man. Just that simple. DON'T contribute to the problem.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 7:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Leave him alone.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I am sorry you didn't know he was married, but you can't change that. You are doing right be cutting off contact with him because it' apparent the only person he is concerned w/ is himself. Next time don't assume they will tell you if they are married, ask.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 7:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Stay away. Health hazard, emotional train wreck, no prospect of normalcy.

And the wife knows. Women know when their husbands cheat. Some just give up or don't care and keep it together for the kids.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I was a bartender at an upscale lounge for 6 years and I swear at least 40% of my male regulars were unfaithful to their wives and they would discuss there flings with their friends and myself. These were not low class guys(at least not at face value), they went to church, were professionals, raved about their kids, were great fathers and would f*ck anything with a heartbeat.
    Anonymous

• Respect to you for dumping him right away - and next time you meet someone, ask!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 7:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• tell the wife?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Leave him alone, with all that screwing around get an aids test
    Anonymous

• good for you for cutting it off after he told you - and if it were me I'd tell the wife

men suck!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Yes agreed-congrats for cutting it off, if there's a way you can find out his wife's name, I think she'd due for a chat, or email at least. She probably does know, women can usually tell and like someone said above, probably just gave up a long time ago. Who knows, maybe she's doing the same and just doesn't care!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2010