Do you think that being an educated strong woman means you automatically believe you don't need a man but women who don't go to college think that life is about finding the right guy to marry?

I just think it is dumb to believe that women still only think life is about finding a man to marry regardless of being educated or not. I think women in general are not wanting to settle as easily as they once did. There may be less women getting married because they are taking their time instead of rushing to the church.

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 7:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I am a nurse - and a single mom - and I want nothing more than a good man to spend my life with and be a fether to my son - so no.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• the feminist movement was about women having a CHOICE.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I am educated and I run my own business....and I LOVE having my husband in my life. I need him everyday!
    Anonymous

• The feminist mvmt did more harm then good. I feel sad for the women who say they don't want a husband or children. Something profound is missing in their life & they will never admit it.

Anonymous

• See I just don't think that crap is true. I think women don't want to settle as much as they did before. I think women having more choices means they can take their time with their choices. So if a women wants to wait to get married then she should. If she is ready for that then she should proceed. And marriage isn't for everyone. Maybe believing that you don't have to get married has opened up the door for women to choose not to do that because it doesn't work for her. It doesn't mean she is against men. I just think that with knowledge comes power and you should treat it with respect. Treat yourself with respect. I too have a college degree and I am married. I love my husband and I chose to wait until I was really ready.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 7:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I do agree that where feminists are today is not good. I think that the original point was good but it has been ruined for us all by turning it into a male bashing. There is nothing wrong with men or women. There needs to be respect.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 7:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I dont think ANY woman should 'settle'. They should make a wise choice. If they believe that a family is what they want in life than seeking out a good man is key. Women who 'settle' are emotionally immature. They may be educated, they may not be. But to settle is a poor life choice for anyone.

Do you need a man to be complete?? That is up to each woman.

Should you be a single parent by choice.... is that REALLY fair to a child?? I tend to think not. If you choose to be single and adopt an older child who would other wise not have a loving home... then I think that is absolutely wonderful. If you choose to have a baby with no husband... I think it is irresponsible.  No because YOU need a man... but because a baby needs a father.

Anonymous

• anon 8:00 here

just thought of this...
    what about two gay women... hummm.... I have friends who are VERY good parents (two married women). What about a father for the son?? Im torn here. There is a very loving committeed relationship. But no older male influance. I think it would behove them to have a male relitive step in and help guide him into manhood.

>Im older than most women on this site... and have been told "too" traditional. But you did ask a question... so Im giving MY answer.
    Anonymous

• I think that should be for each woman to decide for herself. It has nothing to do with education, or career or anything like that. I love my SO more than anything and I do need him in my life. But until I met him I said I would never settle down and have kids. But he changed all that, so I think it depends on the woman and whether or not she has found the RIGHT man
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• settling does not mean to be settled with a family. it means to take what comes along even if it isn't what would work for you. Or to do something before you are ready.

IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 8:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010