Cake recipes

I am making a cake for my mother-in-laws birthday and I am using fondant and I wanted to know what cake recipes for a 3-tier cake would be best for use. Two different types would be good so I can use on in the middle tier and another for the other two.

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 7:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You don't even have to do the cake batter from scratch. do a white cake, but not the super moist type box mixes, that use WHOLE EGGS. I made a wedding cake out of it, and it was AMAZING. EVERYONE was giving me compliments on how moist it was!
    The woman who did my wedding cake used cake mixes (it was sooo good!) and taught me the following.
    Tip: bake and then let the layers cool down and put them in the freezer, on cardboard unwrapped. When your ready to frost and lay your fondant on, take them out, no need to defrost before you frost/use your fondant! It helps limit the crumbs that come up from your cake, and it makes the cake sssssooooo yummy! Good luck!!!!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 7:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• www.sweetsavvy.com has the very best dessert recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 10:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2010