Would you take your Toddler on your Honeymoon?

We will be getting married in October. Thinking about either taking a cruise to Hawaii or spending a week in a condo on Maui. DS will be 3. He doesn't want to bring him, well he doesn't want to spend the $600 to bring him. My problem is we will already have DS#2(he will only be 10months). So we might as well make it a family vacation.

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• If you're already bringing the baby, then you might as well make it a family vacation, and select a resort that is kid friendly. MANY resorts offer on-site child care and structured kids activities so parents can have time to themselves. Besides, how are you going to explain to your 3 year old that mommy, daddy, and the NEW baby are going on a trip, but he has to stay behind?! :o(
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• i would not take mine
    Anonymous

• What kind of a honeymoon would that be??? no, you need to leave them behind and enjoy this trip!!! but I know where you are coming from, you will worry and miss them and feel guilty they are not with you, it is the masochist syndrome we mothers suffer from.
    Go and enjoy yourself to the hilt!!!

Answer by older at 7:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't leave the toddler if I insisted on taking the baby, But it is your HONEYMOON I think you should find someone to watch both children and enjoy yourself
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I agree - it would not be fair to the big one, if baby gets to come and he is not invited :-(
    But why on earth are you bringing any of them???????????????????
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't take either one of them. It's a honeymoon, not a family vacay.
    Anonymous

• It's really awful to bring one of them and not the other. Very bad parenting and your fiance is being cheap. I won't even get into the rest of what is wrong with this picture.
    Anonymous

• Heck NO I wouldn't take them but then again I had my wedding and honeymoon BEFORE I had kids. if he doesn't want to take your kid it's probably bc he doesn't like him.
    Anonymous

This exactly.
    Anonymous

• If you took your kids on your honeymoon it wouldn't be a honeymoon it'd be a family vacation. And for the anonymous to say its because her fiance doesn't like the kid, how rude you don't know him. It's probably because he realizes its your honeymoon and time for the two of you to be alone!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010