Extreme laziness

Sometimes I just have to vent!!! So upset tonight. Anyone else's husbands just down right lazy???? We both work full time , we have a 19 mt old daughter. When he is at work I have her and vs versa. But when we are home together which isn't very often I'm the one bathing her, washing her clothes, and cleaning up after her ya know. It is getting to be so frustrating!!! It just got to me so bad tonight when I asked him to bathe her and he just got up and said well I worked today I'll remember that... blah blah after all I have given her a bath the last 3 times. So sick of it!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Welcome to my life. Yup, when we're home together, I'm the one who does the dishes, the laundry, bathes her etc. It usually doesn't bother me but I have my days where I'm like "Are you F'ing blind???" Help me!
    Anonymous

• if he works nights you have to cut him a break bc he's not getting sleep like he should. but if not then it is laziness and YEAH! we all have that i'm sure.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• If he wants a piece tonight, just tell him your to tired because you took care of everything! He bitches about it, tell him.. well honey maybe next time if you want some loving you can bath our daughter when I ask you to!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I would just say , thanks hon,and ignore his comments.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Don't be passive aggressive. It is dangerous. Tell him directly what you need. Say I need you to bathe her so I can blah blah... Since you both work you need to help each other. Sit down and discuss what night would be a good night for you to be off duty. So then he knows he needs to step it up. He too can have a night he is off duty. And then you will (as you already do) step it up. Just because he is being lazy and you can't be lazy too does not mean your child needs to get caught into the mix of things. If you are overly frustrated with him about this all the time she will pick up on it. You don't want her in a hostile home even if it is passive aggressive hostility. Trust me she will see it and it will get to her even at a young age. You may feel worn down and then beat down when he won't help but you guys have to sit down and work it out somehow. Letting it stew is bad and no one will feel good & things have to get done
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 8:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• he works full time? how is he lazy? guys are this way they know us mom dont mind taking care of our child,but some do i guess.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the advice....glad I'm not the only one!
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• No, you're not alone. Don't listen to all the b.s. about men working so they should not have to do anything with the children. This 2010 not 1950. And you should not have to sit him down like a 5 year old and explain your feelings and what needs to get done. You'll probably have to but you should not need to. He should know she needs a bath, the clothes need to be washed and so do the dishes. But unfortunately the long held ideas about men not having to do anything because they bring in paycheck are still around.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Yeah, don't listen to that crap. It takes two to have a baby and two to raise it. You are not expected to raise your children alone and there is no reason he should be sitting on his butt while you work and take care of the children.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 5:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2010