what age did you let your child take showers

My 4 and a half year old asked to take one tonight so i let her but i got soaked from the outside...lol How old was your child when you started them showering??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My daugher's too little yet but I remember being about 5 and a half to 6 when I started taking showers. Now I'd love to be able to have time to relax in a bath!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• our girls are 3&5 and they shower together but it helps to have a shower hose you can get one at any walmart, menards, etc
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 8:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• We currently are living in a lake cottage and only have a shower. Our kids are 4, 2, and 1.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My daughter started in kinder, when she was 5 or 6. She took supervised showers for about a year, until she could rinse all the shampoo out of her hair. I got soaked a lot too, in the beginning.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• All 4 of my kids take showers because our tub is cracked (can't handle the weight of all the water and kids). They have been showering for a few years now so they started when they were 7, 6 and 5. The youngest is almost 4 and either takes a shower with her older sister (she's 9 now) or I wash her up with the hand shower real fast before she freezes.
    The older kids were taking showers alone at 5 but it was only occasionally since they liked baths (until the tub broke that is). I haven't watched the older ones in the tub since they were 5 years old. They even turn the water on themselves now (they are 9, 8 and 7).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I know what you exactly what you mean LOL ! Because of the soaked bathroom after their showers, I normally just put them in the tub -- BIG MISTAKE, now they are 6 & 9 and still don't know how to wash themselves w/o getting the entire room wet, me included, 'cause I still have to be in there to tell them what to do and help w/ soap in their eyes etc.
    So don't procrastinate, as I have ;-D Get it over with and teach her now - Good Luck!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• He was showering at 3 sometimes (but I washed him) because for a while we lived in a plce that only had a shower
    now he is 6 1/2, and he showers by him self
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• .
    Anonymous

• My son is 5 and he's been showering for a few months now by himself. I had to teach him to keep the curtain in and how to make sure he rinses all the soap from his hair, but now he does a pretty good job
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• he was bout 5 when i let him. but he likes a bath more bc he gets to play n have bubbles
    lilphotochick

Answer by lilphotochick at 8:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2010