Anyone experience pelvic and hip pain durring pregnancy?

So Im 17 Weeks Pregnant And I Have Been Having Pelvic Pain And Hip Pain on Both Sides. I Sometimes Have Sharp Pains Shooting Up My Vagina Area. Also, Anyone Eles Due In July? It Would Be Nice To Know Someone Whos Baby Is Due In July Like Mine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, and its normal to have pain if this is your first baby. Your pelvic bones are stretching out to prepare for birth. Search for a Babies Due in July 2010 group.
    Anonymous

• that's normal to have pain like that and it will only get worse as you progress.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Go to the chiropractor. Seriously. It will get worse through the pregnancy, and continue to get worse with subsequent pregnancies if you don't handle it now. Check out icpa4kids.com. You want one that isn't "accident pain" minded, but health and wellness minded.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 9:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• That is from your joints relaxing and you pelvic muscles stretching. Try sleeping on your left side at night with a pillow in between your legs to take some of the pressure away. Talk to you doc about it if it seems really unbarable.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 9:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• this is common, like pp's said. a chiropractor can help you with the pain and discomfort!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I'm due in June with my third and if I do too much walking, my left hip hurts like crazy. A heating pad a bubble bath and/or a massage from my hubby help alot. You're not alone!
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• im due very last week of august.. and im almost 14 weeks along.. and i've had horrible pains in my lower back and hips i cant even go to the mall and walk around anymore coz of my lower back but yes this is our first child and even my butt cheeks have been hurting lol
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Many factors contribute to hip pain during pregnancy. The primary reason is relaxin. This prepares you body for labor and delivery. It is a hormone that helps give the ligaments in the pelvic area the flexibility they will need for the birth process, explains Amy Humphrey, DPT, a physical therapist at Body Dynamics, Inc. in Arlington, Virginia; and spokesperson for the American Physical Therapy Association. So, the risky hip replacement surgery is rarely an option for pregnant women. Always stay clear from flawed hip devices like the recalled DePuy hip replacement devices.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2012