braxton hicks

Can you have braxton hick contaction at only 21 weeks? I did alot of walking today and im carrying the baby really low! but tonight im having light cramps. they arent really coming and going its just pretty soild pain!

amylynn4919

Asked by amylynn4919 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes i get them all the time its normal
    Anonymous

• Cramping after a lot of physical activity at any stage during pregnancy is pretty typical. Doesn't sound like braxton hicks, braxton hicks are just irregular contractions so if you are having a solid pain then it's probably just from the walking. It's normal, nothing to be concerned with. If the pain gets really bad or your start bleeding then of course you'd want to get it checked out but I was very active during my pregnancy and I know every time I was active I'd have lighting cramping afterward.
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2010