So I had Mirena taken out today...

and come to find out I have a really bad bacterial infection and was wondering have you ever had one and what did you do to ease the cramps and pain. I have a toddler and right now I do not even wanna get out of bed and can barely walk. Any siggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Health

• Was the infection a result of Mirena?

The only thing I can suggest is Advil and maybe a call into the dr. in the morn. to see if there is anything else you can do.
    josie_mommyof2

Answer by josie_mommyof2 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• You didn't know you had a bacterial infection until he told you? I have no idea, but Mirena has been suggested to me after I have DS... Did the act of taking it out hurt? (besides the speculum nonsense)
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 11:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• No I didnt know I had one. I knew something was wrong because I was cramping alot but I have been having ALOT of problems with Mirena . My doctor said some people bodies reject it and that is what mine was doing. Long story short I had a really bad doctor put it in . I had no idea he was bad until I was laying down and he was inserting it . It did hurt when he took it out but not as bad as I thought it was .

My side effects of mirena:

hair loss

cramping (all the time)
    periods crazy

weight gain like 30 pounds

lower back pain

breast tenderness

dizziness
    nausea

tinamswank

Answer by tinamswank at 10:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2010