Mom and Mother in Law... What do I do?

So we just got new furniture for our living room... Of course my mom had told me many times that she liked my living room set and that she would buy it from me when I bought a new set... I didn't say nothing to hubby cause It wasn't in the near future to buy some? Well as soon as my MIL found out we were on our way to the Room Store and asked my hubby for our old furniture... So.. Dilema.. What do we do? I know that it goes to one of them feelings will get hurt. Oh... 2 yrs ago my father in law passed away and he left everything to us.. (they were divorced) we let her move in to the house with all the furniture and all.. So now she wants the furniture set... I don't agree she always does that but she's still my hubby's mom and I don't want to hurt her feelings.. Im torn...What should we do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I would explain to hubby and MIL that you already had an understanding with your mother that the living room set would go to her.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Your mom asked for it first - she should get it.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2010