Why would you go to college and get an expensive degree, but end up staying home and never using it?

Isn't that defeating the purpose of getting an education? There are plenty of people that would kill to go to school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• An educated woman, means educated children.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• There are plenty of people that would kill to go to school.

So how does another person not using their degree, stop someone else from going to school?  That doesn't make any sense.

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• So only stupid uneducated women should be stay at home moms then?
    Anonymous

• It's never wrong to go to school & further your education. This is a life long endeavor.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 9:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• hmm, there are plenty of people who would kill to go to school.
    well i worked full-time and went to college full-time, so i'm sure they can do that too.
    i have a degree, earned another while working, and i choose to be a sahm. because i can and i want to. simple as that.... a matter of choice
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• So I can be the kind of mom I want to be. I plan to home school.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I'm a SAHM and I went to college and got an associate's degree and I majored in Family Science. I have used my degree. I didn't get married and have kids and stay home until I was almost 30 and I plan to go back to work when my children are older.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• Personally I will get a degree and finish school eventually. When I do, if I choose to stay at home with my children that is my choice. you can choose to use your education however you choose. it is not a waste to be educated and stay at home. what if after my kids got old enough i decided to go back to work? that would be my choice. Education gives confidence. You teach your children that education is important and you give your children confidence. Some children may even feel pride in their parent knowing that they have a higher education.

and I agree, my going to school or not going to school does not make it more likely or less likely that another person will go to school. I think that actually, me going to school would make it more likely that my children will go to school. I like to lead by example.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• No, what gets to me are spoiled brats who get to go to college with mommy, daddy and somehow financial aid footing the bill. Then come to find out the student is skipping class, not doing the homework, and just half assing their way through. At least when a woman stays home she is contributing to her children. It's the woman's choice to use the degree or be home.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• My husband brings makes 150 K.

I don't want to work and choose to live my life the way I want to.

I don't seek the opinion of others on this issue.
    Anonymous