What do you do?

To releive stress?
I have a 4 month old and lately when I try to give him a bottle he gets very very hyper and won't keep it in his mouth. If i'm really really tired and moody I throw the bottle across the room and seconds later I feel bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well being frustrated as the mom of a 4 month old is nothing to feel bad about. but babies sense stress. so if you are all stressed yourself when you go to feed him, he can pick up on that. plus throwing the bottle is gonna upset him too. maybeyou should try setting him down in his crib. and taking a 2 minute time out and collect yourself and try again. maybe it is time for some solids? have you tried baby cereal?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I shouldn't laugh, but I'm the mom of a 5 month old and I know what you mean? Mine is at a stage (wait, he's ALWAYS been like that!) that he can hardly stand to be left alone. I feel like I'm constantly either with him or listen to him whine and cry for me to hold him. Just so you're throwing the bottle across the room and not at the kid! I'm thankful my husband helps a lot!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2010

• I breastfeed, but if she doesn't want it I don't keep trying. Same for the bottle. If the baby isn't ready for it, put it down and don't try to force the baby to take it. I also carry the baby all the time, or I put her in the same room where i'm doing a chore either in her chair or on the floor. If she wants to be held and I want to do something at the same time but I need two hands I put her in my baby wrap. Also, get out of the house and take the baby with you even if that is only walking around the block. Babies like a change of scenery too.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2010